Thursday, June 26, 2008

Birthday update #1

So Nathan took me to a very nice Italian restaurant last night. Now its not just any Italian restaurant, but one that my Turkish boss recommends as being true Italian food. And was it ever! The name of the place is Assaggio Ristorante in Seattle on 4th Ave. For the first time since we have been married, I think I got a more expensive dinner than nathan! We shared 2 appetizers and I got Grilled beef tenderloin, gorgonzola, red wine sauce and nathan got Sautéed veal, prosciutto, sage, white wine & butter sauce. So good! Glad we branched out and tried new things!!


We forgot our camera, so all these pics are from the Internet, I'm lame, I know!



But before we got down to Seattle, Nathan gave me my birthday present. Oh was I surprise!! He got me a Garmin!



For those of you who don't know, I'm not always the best with directions and knowing where I am in unfamiliar places. I do great off directions, but usually have to print them out. Well, now all I have to do it type in the address, and Cloe (that's what we named her) tells us where we are going! You can also look up places, like gas stations, restaurants, and banks, and it will show you the ones closest to where you are at! Thanks Honey, I love it so much!!! I'm so spoiled by my husband!!


After Assaggio, we used the Garmin to direct us to the Melting Pot for some dessert (even though we knew how to get there). We got some drinks, and a chocolate peanut butter fondue to share!!


I also received so many texts, email and messages on myspace and facebook from all my friends and family. I feel so blessed to know how many people love me and to know that I am surrounded (near and far) by the most amazing network of people! Thanks for making my birthday so special!



More birthday festivities to come soon...

5 peanut gallery:

Amanda said...

Ooh that looks like a really cute restaurant! Happy Birthday (belated)!

Misty said...

I need one of the direction gizmos. I think Cloe is the best name. Too cute!

Julie said...

Mrs.Oppie....happy birthday dear. I glad it was awesome. Much love. Good job spoiling her Nathan.

Shawn said...

I found your blog through Amanda's. We started on weeksspot.blogspot.com. Glad your birthday was fun.

Fern said...

Golly, maybe you'd have more time to post on your blog if your dumb neighbors would leave you alone....wait a minute??