Monday, February 11, 2008

Tough Choices

Last week was a long week of hard decisions and trials. Long story short, I was offered a new job in Redmond, WA making more than I was making at my previous job. I like the job I have, but this job was going to provide me with some different opportunities and challenges. Nathan and I thought about all the pros/cons and went to the temple about it. We both felt that this was a good decision.

Tuesday is the day. I write a letter giving my 2-week notice, and go and talk with my supervisor. Of course I start crying, and she wants to know if I would be interested in a counter offer. I told her yes, and she went and talked with the president of the company. I go and call Nathan, balling, at work and tell him I don't know what to do! Now I was so confused, didn't know if I wanted to leave or stay and why I was even looking for a new job in the first place. My company decided to match the salary, and I will have more time off when I hit my 3-year mark and a paid pregnancy leave (no worries, not there yet...).

So, Nathan and I decided that it was better for me to stay where I am at. After all that, I'm staying. Trials have a funny way of coming into your life and really stretch your faith. There is no way I would have asked for a raise from my current employer. I guess I needed to be willing to give up something based on faith to get something in return.

I think I'm done with learning experiences for at least another week though.....

1 peanut gallery:

Whitney Bennett said...

Amy that is awesome! I am really happy for you guys. P.S. you should post a picture with your hair cut!